Thoughts, Feelings, Ideas...

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

There Is No Other

Understand this, my love
I want you
I desire you

You are not my wife because you were all I had
You are my wife because you are all I want

If I had other options, I would push them away
Because it is you whom I desire
You are my best friend
My compatriot
My confidant

Like any two friends, we argue
We get on each other's nerves
In the heat of anger
We say things that cut so deep
Things that should never have been said
Things that we both know aren't true
We love like no one else can love
So we can cause pain like no other as well
But even when I feel nothing
I have my promise to you

Even when our emotions make us want to
be anywhere but near each other
I know there is no other
I want you
I desire you
And only you
That will never change

But, God willing, I can
I must, and I will
I will be the man that you deserve, that you need
I will be the man that woos you back
With gentleness and fierce pursuit
I will become the man that you will want
That you will desire

For you are my wife
And there is no other

No comments: